In order to student teach, you must:
- Have an overall grade point average (GPA) of 2.75 on all UNT course work and an overall GPA of 2.75
- Have an overall GPA of 2.75 in all MUXX courses and all EDXX courses
- Have a minimum of a C in all education and music courses
- Have an overall GPA of 2.75 in your professional development classes. See your Student Handbook for a list of these courses.
- Have completed successfully ALL proficiency examinations before you apply for student teaching. This includes your piano proficiency, concentration proficiency, and all components of the music education student review. No coursework should be taken during student teaching.