http://tsgs.unt.edu/future-students/graduate-admissionsTo be admitted into the Post-Baccalaureate Teacher Certification program, you must meet the requirements of the Robert B. Toulouse School of Graduate Studies and College of Education, and pass Music Education proficiencies, making this a three-part process (please do the steps in order as listed below).
STEP ONE – Applying to the College of Education
- BEFORE you apply to the College of Education, please keep in mind these mandatory requirements of the College of Education:► You MUST have an overall undergraduate GPA of 2.75 or a 2.8 on your last 60 hours of your undergraduate degree or have a master’s degree with the same GPA requirement.► You MUST have appropriate Academic Skills or GRE scores (see explanation below).► Test results showing either one of the following minimum scores:
- Academic Skills: Satisfy minimum scores on appropriate exam
- GRE: Satisfy master’s degree program in target field
► Official transcripts of ALL colleges/universities ever attended.
- Fill out the Standard Professional Certification Plan Fact Sheet. There is a $25 money order fee required with this Fact Sheet. If you do not meet the requirements listed in item #1, you will need to need to meet those requirements prior to applying.
- Fill out the Post Baccalaureate Application for Admission to Teacher Education. There is a $29 money order fee required with this Post Baccalaureate Application.
- Submit all forms and materials to the Student Advising Office (Matthews Hall 105) or mail them to:UNT College of Education Student Advising OfficeAttn: Amy Tannehill1155 Union Circle #311337Denton, TX 76203
- Please submit all items at one time. Incomplete submissions will be returned in their entirety to the requesting party. The Certification (Deficiency) Plan process will take approximately 2-6 weeks from the time that all necessary paperwork is received in the Student Advising Office. During periods of high demand or if other departments must evaluate the courses, it may take longer.
STEP TWO – Applying to the UNT Toulouse School of Graduate Studies (If you have been officially notified and accepted to the College of Education, you can proceed to this second step.)
- U. S. citizens and permanent resident aliens – refer to the UNT Toulouse School of Graduate Studies website (tsgs.unt.edu/future-students/graduate-admissions). There is a $75 fee for this application.
- International students-refer to the International Admission and Programs website (www.international.unt.edu). There is a $75 fee for this application.
NOTE: For the Toulouse application, you will need to apply as a Pre-Teacher/Professional Certification: Graduate Non-Degree (0060-400CERT-GS).
STEP THREE – Passing Proficiencies in Music (If you have been officially notified and accepted to the Toulouse School of Graduate Studies, you can proceed to this third step.)
- You will need to contact Dr. Debbie Rohwer, Music Education division chair, at 940-369-7538 or Debbie.Rohwer@unt.edu, to set up a time to meet about the required music proficiencies.
- You will be notified via email if you have passed the proficiencies. Once you receive admittance into the Music Education Post-Baccalaureate program, you can register for classes. If you have any questions about state certification, please contact Ms. Amy Tannehill at 940-565-2736 or Amy.Tannehill@unt.edu. If you have questions about your degree plan, please contact Dr. Debbie Rohwer.
General Application Information
- Please note that applying to the Toulouse School of Graduate Studies is separate from applying to the College of Education, and that admission to the Graduate School does not imply acceptance to the Post-Baccalaureate program, with the College of Education and with the division of Music Education at the College of Music.
- Applicants may be interviewed by telephone or asked to meet in person prior to acceptance into the program.